Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meet the Readers!

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how so many successful indie writers reach their audiences without the marketing support of a publishing house. Enter social media. This is something am trying to use and understand, but I admit sometimes it overwhelms me. Which, what, where? And how? How will it help me reach my readers and not just advertise, but interact and build friendships along with book sales? I.Am.Clueless.

My dear friend and fellow author Sherry Gammon has turned reader and author outreach into an art form. I admit I was one of those who looked down on e-pubbing until I saw Sherry do it the way it should be done. Seeing her success gave me the courage to try it on my own...but I am still a total noob at this.  So for the rookie chumps like me, I offer Create Space blog's tips on how to find the people who want to read our books. Is anyone else on Shelfari and Library Thing? I never heard of them until I read this post. I have so much to learn!

Next on my list, after cleaning Sparky's room that she "cleaned" this weekend by shoving everything into the closet and jamming the door shut so I wouldn't know, is to check these sites out.