Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome, Lovers and Lurkers Alike

I decided, as I try to finish up my latest novel and prepare it for publication, it is high time I create a blog devoted entirely to what I write. I love my latest heroine, a high school girl who is a bit of a control freak, very flawed, but also aware of her flaws and with a great love for everyone...except the resident mean girl, of course. There are times in the course of the story, however, where she's not sure who is worse--the mean girl, or the demon haunting her.

I have never written speculative fiction, and quite frankly most of it scares the caca out of me. What can I say? I am a wuss. I didn't want to do the demon/werewolf/angel and girl love story that seems to be the big thing these days. I don't think there is anything wrong with these--if you enjoy reading them, READ MORE! Just read. I didn't think I could do justice to a story like that, though. I took a high school girl who just wants to be normal (and didn't we all, when we were in high school?) and put her in circumstances that make this wish practically impossible. I am in love with her already, and I hope, when you get the chance to meet her, you will fall hard and fast, too.

You will find some shameless self-promotion here, and I will share other great writers and their work, along with stuff that happens around house and things my kids say, because they are stinking hilarious.