Skip to main content

Penn State

Forgive the play on words. This post is all about author Penelope Reece, who goes by Penn (which is a fab nickname). Check her out on Goodreads--you should def look for Phantasma and Sing for Me. Add them to your shelf on Goodreads!






Phantasma Book Blurb:

Good school, nice friends, and a loving family. Alphie Brewster's life seems perfect except for one growing problem. She’s plagued with vivid nightmares, and is haunted by a forgotten past. And it's only getting worse.
The day she finds a mysterious necklace, Alphie wakes to see a ghostly figure leaning over her bed. Now she's got an even greater problem. A six foot four inch tall eccentric spook, named Noer, who has to possess her in order to stay in this world. He fills her with fire while slowly draining her energy as if she were a Duracell Battery.
Now her problems only seem to be escalating. The more she learns about Noer, the more she starts to remember her childhood. One that should have stayed buried and could very well tear her apart.  

Excerpt:

"Let this be a dream! My mind screamed. Let me wake up! I chanted the words in my mind, but I knew I wasn’t sleeping. The nightmare was very much real. My eyes and nose were all too aware of this fact. My body knew too, that’s why it was flat lining.

Next to me, the figure continued to breathe, his rancid breath caressing my ear while the smell burned a fiery path through my nostrils. Finally, I couldn’t take it any longer, and slowly – oh so painfully slow – I turned my head to look upon the face of, what I was sure was, a nightmare made flesh."


Bio:

Penelope Reece, Penn for short, is an author living in central Indiana with her husband of two years and her tiny Pomeranian, Kodi. 

She graduated from Indiana University in 2008 with a bachelor's degree in English. She then went on to spend nearly three years in South Korea where she taught English in a private academy. It was here that she met and married her husband in June of 2010. They recently moved back to the States in March of 2012.

Penelope's been writing ever since her nerdy high school days where her joys were limited to marching band and day dreaming.

Her other joys include reading, crocheting, snuggling her little Kodi-man, and watching comedic TV shows such as Parks and the IT Crowd. She also enjoys watching Korean dramas and listening to her husband sing, as well as being hyper and annoying her husband as much as she can.




https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News at Its Finest

Life has a way of putting me in my place. I had grand intentions to post weekly, and three months later....

So I think it's great that people are talking about fake news these days, because fake news is at the heart of Off the Record. I have a sleezeball paparazzo named Derrick Fuchs (it looks like a swear word, but it's pronounced 'fooks,' a purposeful play on words to immediately show what a douche nozzle he is) in the novel. He writes his articles based on the latest gossip without really caring who he hurts or how much of it is made up. I haven't decided yet if the reader gets to meet him, but the excerpt today is the first article we see from him. Enjoy!


Off the Record, Question 1

The Post in Which I Inform You That Free Stuff is Happening

Today I'm lucky enough to be a featured author in the Monster Mash Book Blitz event. You can follow along on the event's Facebook page if you like. I love sharing my books with readers, and it's hard to get my book into your hands...but I'm gonna try. Today I'm giving away Freaked for 99 cents...and Psyched is free

What? Both books for single?
Yes. Because I love you.