Thursday, October 17, 2013

For Teen Reads Week: Spotlight on JR Simmons

So Teen Read Week is going full throttle, and today my book signing buddy JR Simmons is featured right here. You really should check it out. He writes midgrade, so his book is great for anyone 8 and up. It's action and fantasy and I can't wait to get my hands on it! I have it on good authority that one of my kids will be getting this book for Christmas....I just don't know if I can wait that long!

I love a good midgrade story because this is when kids really fall in love with reading and make it a part of their lifestyle. This is when they really learn to hate it or love it. I read my kids some awesome MG stuff when they were younger (they don't need me to read to them anymore :o( How sad is that?) like Tony Abbott's Secrets of Droon series, and I gotta say JR's fantasy elements remind me a lot of Droon. Let's hope he gets to 40+ books like Abbott!  He's giving away some ecopies of Ragesong: Awakening this week, and you can enter here