Skip to main content

Lucky Charms

You know what we all need as the weather gets cold? A nice, cozy fireplace and good books to read. I recommend Stolen Luck. Author Jaclyn Weist has a new book out, and I'm down with checking it out as I snuggle under a blankie with my dog as my toe warmer. I was lucky enough to get her to answer a few questions about her new release! Here you go:


In ten words or less, tell me about your book. 
Megan is lucky until Louie the Leprechaun enters her life.

Who is this book for?
Young adults, but it's great for everyone.

Where did you get the idea? What inspired you to write it?
I had a writing group where the writing prompt was about our worst day ever. I wondered what would happen if we never had bad days. Then suddenly Louie entered into the story. It was meant as a short story but the group was upset when it ended so quickly. I wanted to see where the story would take me, and away I went!

Do you have a favorite character?
That's a tough one. I really like Megan, but I think I'll have to go with Jared.
Which character was hardest for you to write? Why?
I think Beth was, because she's not very much like me at all. 

If your book were made into a movie, which actors would play the main parts?
Ross Lynch - Jared
Kate Todd - Megan
Debby Ryan - Beth
Logan Lerman - Adam

What can we expect from you in the future? Any fun projects or new works in progress?
I have two more books in this leprechaun series. One is Twist of Luck, coming out March 2014. Book three will be submitted soon and it's titled Best of Luck. I also have a time travel/princess book based loosely on Sleeping Beauty, and I'm working on a series with a group of friends about adventures in trying to save the magic by defeating the evil in Atlantis.

Thanks, Jacklyn. Enter here for a chance to win your copy! The author is giving away 3 ecopies of Stolen Luck. Wouldn't that be a great way to start the month?  Happy December!

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News at Its Finest

Life has a way of putting me in my place. I had grand intentions to post weekly, and three months later....

So I think it's great that people are talking about fake news these days, because fake news is at the heart of Off the Record. I have a sleezeball paparazzo named Derrick Fuchs (it looks like a swear word, but it's pronounced 'fooks,' a purposeful play on words to immediately show what a douche nozzle he is) in the novel. He writes his articles based on the latest gossip without really caring who he hurts or how much of it is made up. I haven't decided yet if the reader gets to meet him, but the excerpt today is the first article we see from him. Enjoy!


Off the Record, Question 1

The Post in Which I Inform You That Free Stuff is Happening

Today I'm lucky enough to be a featured author in the Monster Mash Book Blitz event. You can follow along on the event's Facebook page if you like. I love sharing my books with readers, and it's hard to get my book into your hands...but I'm gonna try. Today I'm giving away Freaked for 99 cents...and Psyched is free

What? Both books for single?
Yes. Because I love you.