Skip to main content

The Rare Moment of Reflection

Yes, it's been a while since I blogged. I'm on facebook sabbatical, something that will shock everyone familiar with my compulsive posting habits, and I'm hanging out with my daughters. I LOVE IT. Seriously, I love my kids, and as an added bonus, I really like them. We had so much fun this morning, shopping for a single mom and her little boy. We found out this morning that she doesn't have much to give him this Christmas, and when we heard he needed some clothes and a coat (the poor kid has been wearing a sweat shirt in 20 degree (F) weather!) we were so on it. Snarky was ticked I woke her up before noon--such a stinking teen-- but within 5 minutes we were laughing and having a great time despite awful traffic and overcrowded malls. Who else but my kids and I would spend time discussing what happens to a mime if he has to belch?

I don't usually go all warm fuzzy and spiritual and stuff, so if that's not your thing, feel free to stop reading here and have a happy new year!

I just can't believe how very blessed I am. I have a life I never would have dreamed possible, when I was the fat kid who was afraid of leaving her room. I love my husband and his generosity toward a family we hardly know, and my kids ROCK. I also have absolutely no doubt that I have a Savior who loves me and came to this earth to live a life of perfect example, take my sins on Himself, and die so I don't have to pay the ultimate price for all the stoopid things I do. (Yes, I do mean stoopid. It's like advanced placement stupidity.) Every day I'm thankful for this life I've been given; I can only hope to be kind and gracious, and in some way live in a way to thank Him for everything He's blessed me with. Have a beautiful holiday, no matter which one you celebrate (of, if you're one of my Jewish friends, the one you already celebrated) and I'll see you in 2014.

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Record, Question 1

Fake News at Its Finest

Life has a way of putting me in my place. I had grand intentions to post weekly, and three months later....

So I think it's great that people are talking about fake news these days, because fake news is at the heart of Off the Record. I have a sleezeball paparazzo named Derrick Fuchs (it looks like a swear word, but it's pronounced 'fooks,' a purposeful play on words to immediately show what a douche nozzle he is) in the novel. He writes his articles based on the latest gossip without really caring who he hurts or how much of it is made up. I haven't decided yet if the reader gets to meet him, but the excerpt today is the first article we see from him. Enjoy!


Off the Record, Question 1 Part 2

If you haven't noticed, the format for Off the Record isn't in regular chapters. Main character Devi Madrigal is looking back in an interview for Rocker Chic mag, something I made up because every sleezeball papparazzo antagonist needs a place to work, right? So instead of chapters, you'll see questions and articles about her. It's a fun format to write in.😍

When we last hung out with The Streakers, they were trying to figure out how to make the finale of a live reality show after their lead singer Raina Sky ditched them that morning. They heard Devi singing after her shift at the coffee shop and want to sneak her in to sing for them. Will Devi tell them they're crazy? Can they sneak her in to a studio with tight security? Will this girl with a guitar and a dream steal the chance she's been trying for three years to reach?

Part 2