Monday, April 7, 2014

Friendly Writers and The Light Who Shines

You what's awesome about being a writer? Sometimes, just randomly, we meet other writers online, and they're completely awesome. Writers are the best and most supportive community in the world. Everyone is willing to help out and spread the word about each others' work. I met a writer named Lilo J. Abernathy on twitter yesterday, and she's totally representative of the writers I get to meet. Immediately she offered to help me get the word out about Psyched and tweet for me. When she sent me an excerpt of her book The Light Who Shines, I was hooked and I had to return the favor. This looks like an amazing read, friends. Here's a link to one of the excerpts she has on her own blog. I've posted a little snippet below, just for fun:

Nathan’s foul mood and abuse of Patrick is unusual. His typically jovial face is soured, and his smile lines twist in the wrong direction. My chest tightens at the pained look on Patrick’s face. My heart goes out to both of them, really. I can feel the anger and pain rolling off Nathan. Patrick is feeling empathy for the boy and anxiety at having made a mistake on the job. I try to push their pains aside as I have to focus on the matter at hand, and dealing with my own emotions is enough. Luckily I can’t feel everyone’s emotions all the time, just the stronger ones—unless I open up my sixth sense, that is. Then I can feel it all.



 You know me--I have a weakness for strong female protagonists, and Bluebell Killdare is totally it. Well done, Lilo! Can't wait to read more. You can follow her on Twitter or get updates on her blog Lilo Illuminates.